Workplace violence incidents have been on the rise over the past decade. Because of the increased risk to employers and the general public, OSHA has deemed this a workplace hazard and expects employers to take the necessary steps to protect their employees. The Nebraska Safety Council now provides the training your employees need to respond rapidly to workplace violence.
This class teaches the employee to identify and recognize the signs of workplace violence and how to develop a plan of action that best fits the incident. Employees will learn how to be situationally aware of the signs of a possible workplace violence actor, how to effectively plan evacuation procedures, the proper use of cover and concealment, the survival mindset, what to expect when law enforcement arrives, and what actions to take when running or hiding cannot be an option. The training can also include scenario-based training, post incident procedures, and management responsibilities after the incident has taken place. By the end of the training, employees will be able to:
- Understand the recent history of active shooters and workplace violence
- Recognize areas where active shooter events are most likely to happen
- Visual, verbal, and psychological indications of a possible workplace violence participant
- Recognize and respond to the escalation of violence
- Proper response by employees to active violence situations in the workplace
- Concepts of cover and concealment
- Proper evacuation processes while involved in an active shooter situation
- What to expect when, and if, you should call 9-1-1
- Know what to expect from law enforcement response
- Methods to determine who is missing, injured, and follow up actions
- Policy considerations that include after action response
Our workplaces can be the shop, the warehouse, or the office, but they can also be our community gathering places - our schools, our hospitals, our malls, our places of worship. Ensure your staff receives their training from an expert with an extensive law enforcement background in addition to workplace safety experience. Our trainer, Ric Voelker, brings his unique skill set and real-life experience to pass on to your team.
Course length: 4 hours
Course fee: $140 (Members $95)
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
There are no events in the selected category