Members - Log in for member pricing.
Many assume the objective of a fit test is face piece sizing. Although this is a very important element of fit testing, the primary reason to fit test an individual is to verify that he or she has been trained to wear a respirator and has, in fact, learned how to put on the face piece correctly. If a person does not know how to use the equipment, the respirator will be less effective, regardless of whether or not it is the right size.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for organizations in which any employee uses a respirator. Safety managers, safety trainers, human resource managers, or anyone responsible for respirator training or respirator fit testing is encouraged to attend.
- A review of OSHA's respiratory protection standard
- What conditions prohibit respirator use
- Respirator selection
- Proper use and care of respirator
- How to properly don and wear the respirator
- The importance of seal check
- Fit assessment procedures and exercises
- Medical evaluation requirements
- Rationale behind fit testing
- Fit assessment
- Fit check and testing
- How to resolve fit problems
The Trainer Kit* includes:
- Detailed information on how to develop your topic specific program
- A Sample Written Program to provide documentation of your company specific safety process and procedures
- Forms and Checklists
- A detailed Training Guide including a programmed presentation, learning exercises and PowerPoint templates
- Best in Class safety training video programs
Course Length: 6 Hours
Course Fee**: $650.00 (Members: $495)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON FIT TESTS: Fit tests can be done as a part of this training, individuals must bring a completed medical evaluation signed off by a licensed medical professional and the respirator(s) used on the job. Must be clean shaven to provide quality seal and fit of mask. Please alert us that you would like to be fit tested when you register. If any of these requirements are not met, we will not fit test.
*This course can be taken without purchasing the Trainer Kit upon approval of the Workplace Safety Team: $215 (Members: $135). Please call in for registration at 402.483.2511.
*Discounts are available for multiple registrations, please call 402.483.2511 ext. 108 for information and to complete registration.
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 104 for information about on-site training.