Members - Log in for member pricing.
Substance abusers are 5 times more likely than non-abusers to injure themselves or others in the workplace. Also, according to the American Council for Drug Education, drug abusers are ten times more likely to miss work, 33% less productive, five times more likely to file a worker's comp claim and are responsible for 40% of all industrial fatalities. Don't let this risk impact your business. Know how to identify these individuals before the damage is done.
This class will cover policy, procedure, and regulations under both OSHA and D.O.T., specifically the requirements set out by the D.O.T. (49 CFR 382.603) for a supervisor in recognizing an impaired operator or employee.
Your associates will learn:
- Cost of impairment to a business’s bottom line
- Considerations when writing policy for drug testing in the workplace
- Changes to OSHA’s Rules on recordkeeping and how to remain compliant
- What is required from a D.O.T. supervisor before, during, and after an incident
- The cycle of addiction
- Physical characteristics that help determine a signs of impairment
- Signs and symptoms of various drugs including, but not limited to:
- K2, K4, Spice, and Potpourri
- Prescription drug abuse
- Ecstasy, MDMA
- Bath Salts
- How to recognize paraphernalia
- How to use divided attention questions to determine impairment
This course will be beneficial for any and all supervisory or managerial roles, HR staff, and safety professionals.
Course Length: 4 Hours
Course Fee: $140 (Members: $95)
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
There are no events in the selected category
If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 104 for information about on-site training.