Members - Log in for member pricing.
Does your job require you to service machines or equipment? Do you need to satisfy OSHA requirements for training on Lock-Out/Tag-Out? Then this is the course for you. This course is based on the OSHA regulations as outlined in 29 CFR, Part 1910.147. OSHA requires that anyone who is involved in working around energy systems such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and others receive training. This four-hour course will help to satisfy the requirements for training as detailed in the OSHA regulation for those who are working in areas where Lockout programs are in place, or whose job requires them to actually do the Lock-Out and isolate the energy sources.
- Upon successful completion of this course the student shall have satisfied the requirements for training in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.147.
- Define what is meant by Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO or Lockout/Tagout) and when it is used.
- Identify the importance of LOTO.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved with LOTO including LOTO users, those who may come across LOTO, and employers.
- Know the requirements of the LOTO regulations and where to find them in 29 CFR1910.147.
- Know the different types of LOTO training and how they apply to the job.
- List the three parts of a LOTO program.
- Understand how and when LOTO "refresher" training is to be conducted.
- Understand and define the different types of energy that might be encountered using LOTO.
- List the requirements of an Energy Control Program.
- Know how and when to properly apply locks and other devises as part of a LOTO program.
- Understand the advantages, disadvantages and limitations of locks and tags as part of a LOTO program.
- Be able to list the steps of applying LOTO on the job.
- Understand considerations when working with outside contractors and LOTO.
Course Length: 3 Hours
Course Fee*: $140 (Members: $95)
*Discounts are available for multiple registrations. Call 402.483.2511 ext. 108 for information.
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 104 for information about on-site training.