Members - Log in for member pricing.
Prerequisite: HazWoper 24-Hour or 40-Hour
Keep current with the latest hazardous waste operations information & skills and stay in compliance with the OSHA 1910.120 Emergency Response Standard. This course fulfills the standard's annual training requirements.You will receive the latest information regarding respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, spill response, and basic terminology. You will also obtain a regulatory update and review of the incident command system.Important learning objectives:
- Meet the requirements for certification of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120, and other applicable state regulations for certification in hazardous materials/waste worker
- Understand the various training regulations relating to hazardous materials handling and response
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of hazardous materials and the various hazards & risks associated with them
- Demonstrate knowledge of the routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health effects that hazardous materials can have on the body
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology used in describing hazardous materials, including: vapor density, specific gravity, miscibility/solubility, carcinogen, pH, PPM, TLV, IDLH, flammable/explosive range, combustible, flammable, flash point, and ignition temperature
- Demonstrate an understanding of the primary identification systems including the Department of Transportation (DOT) system, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 704 system, and Hazardous Materials Information System (HMIS)
- Understand the need for personal protective equipment when using hazardous materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for respiratory equipment and of the advantages & disadvantages to the types of respiratory equipment.
Course Length: 8 Hours
Course Fee*: $195 (Members $149)
*Discounts are available for multiple registrations. Call 402.483.2511 ext. 108 for information.
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 104 for information about on-site training.