Members - Log in for member pricing.
Prepare now in the event of an emergency. Learn how to develop an emergency response plan and work with local & state emergency responders. Recognize the hazardous substances in your workplace, conduct risk assessments, and develop appropriate measures if a release were to occur. Learn how your role is critical in the emergency response process and how your action can protect property and lives.
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training is required by OSHA 29CFR1910.120 for RCRA activities (section "p") and emergency response (section "q"). HAZWOPER training with the Nebraska Safety Council meets both requirements. Your need for training will vary depending on the chemical hazards in your workplace and the level of response required by your written emergency response plans. Train to your level of needed preparedness.
The following learning objectives will be met:
- Initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release
- Understand hazardous substances and their risks.
- Learn potential outcomes of a release and the ability to recognize the presence of hazardous substances
- Discover the role of the first responder in the emergency response plan and proper use of the D.O.T. Emergency Response Guidebook
- Learn hazard and risk assessment techniques and know how to select and use proper PPE
- Understand hazardous materials terms & relevant standard operating procedures
- Become familiar with control & containment operations and basic decontamination procedures
- Know how to implement an employer's emergency response plan and function with an assigned role in the incident command system
- Understand classification, identification, and verification of known & unknown materials by using appropriate methods and instruments
- Become knowledgeable of proper specialized chemical protective equipment and understand & implement decontamination procedures
- Understand basic chemical and toxicological terminology, hazard and risk assessments, and containment operations
Course Length: 3 Days (24 Hours)
Course Fee*: $699 (Members $499)
*Discounts are available for multiple registrations. Call 402.483.2511 ext. 108 for information.
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 104 for information about on-site training.