Professional credentialing is essential for career advancement for the safety manager. Achieving certification demonstrates a higher level of professionalism as recognized by employers and peers. The Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM) credential is the oldest safety management related certification, established in 1976. CHCM credential holders work in various organizational and operational settings including manufacturing, construction, mining, education, transportation, healthcare, government, consulting, insurance, compliance, risk management, and system safety. Organizations need qualified hazard control managers that understand how safety, leadership, and management principles support accident prevention and loss reduction efforts.
This course is designed to prepare experienced safety professionals for the comprehensive examination leading to certification as a Certified Hazard Control Manager. Review the certification eligibiity criteria, annual maintenance fees, and recertification details. This is a 2-day course followed by a 3-hour proctored exam.
Prep course content:
- Hazard Control Techniques and Safety Management Principles
- General Management Topics
- Hazard Identification, Evaluation & Control
- Voluntary Standards Organizations
- Government Standards review
Individuals interested in this credential must also receive approval from the International Board for Certification of Safety Managers to complete this course and exam. To ensure you're approved prior to class, please follow these steps:
- Register for the course below or by calling 402.483.2511 ext. 108
- Receive confirmation email and details on application process from Nebraska Safety Council
- Direct questions on the application to Nebraska Safety Council
- Submit application and exam fee to IBCSM by October 26, 2018
- IBCSM completes application reviews
- Individuals will receive confirmation of approval for class from IBCSM by November 2, 2018
CHCM APPLICATION FEE WAIVED NOW THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2018.
It is not intended to be a comprehensive course covering all possible CHCM exam questions. The course and exam do not contain questions or content requiring math or engineering calculations. Review the complete CHCM exam content.
Individuals are allowed to attend the CHCM Prep Course without sitting for the exam. If this is your intent, please register for the course and make your intentions known at the time of registration.
Members: $795.00 Non-members: $999.00
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
There are no events in the selected category
Please contact Heather Vanover at 402.483.2511 ext. 117 with questions regarding this course.