This hands on scenario based workshop will take participants through the process of creating a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) sometimes referred to as a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) program. Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is a proven process for controlling operating hazards and costs. Get a step-by-step overview of the process and define your role in making it effective. Through lecture, demonstrations, and workshops, you'll learn how to develop and manage a JHA program in your workplace. You'll also learn how to enlist participation from line employees, supervisors, and upper management. Better processes make a safer workplace, which means improved production and higher profits.
Who should attend?
Full-time safety professionals, safety committee members, safety coordinators, safety specialists, human resources, safety managers, loss control managers and operations managers.
What you'll learn:
- Recognize and use important safety and health terminology
- Understand JHA's relation to continuous improvement in your organization
- Identify and communicate the safety and financial benefits of using JHA
- Gain support and participation from line employees, supervisors, and upper management
- Identify the key requirements for a successful JHA
- Recognize the hazards inherent in task performance
- Use a risk matrix to analyze hazards
- Develop appropriate solutions and hazard controls
- Complete a JHA form correctly
- Use JHA to develop efficient procedures that reduce personal injuries and operating costs
Course Length: 8 Hours
Course Fee: $215 (Members: $135)