- 20 hours of classroom instruction
- 5 hours hands-on driving
- 5 hours of observation (suggested but not required)
- 1/2 hour Behind-The-Wheel Drive Test for Provisional Operator's Permit (POP)
Please Note: We make every effort to schedule behind the wheel driving training during the course date(s) your student is scheduled; however, we cannot guarantee it. It may be necessary to schedule drive time prior to or following the course date(s).
$350 - Includes all materials
- Parallel/perpendicular/angle parking
- Marked and unmarked streets/intersections
- Interstate driving
- Heavy city traffic driving
- Advance registration & payment required.
- Students must possess a learner's permit to register and complete the course.
- Registration is a 2-step process:
- First Step – Register your student for the classroom portion of course.
- Second Step – Once registered and paid, you will receive a payment receipt via email. The Nebraska Safety Council will then contact you with a separate email when the behind-the-wheel schedule is available to select your drive time slot.
- Click on the class location city to the right and select the date and location of your course.
- Follow the instructions found on the city-specific webpage.
IMPORTANT: Students that will turn 18 years of age before completing the classroom and behind-the-wheel portions of the course are not eligible for this program. (per DMV regulation).
Scholarships Are Available
Thank you to AAA and the Cornhusker Motor Club for providing scholarship dollars for students on the free or reduced lunch program. Scholarships are available while funds last. Call 402.483.2511 for more information.
Cancellations received five (5) business days prior to the first classroom date will receive a full refund. For the complete terms and conditions statement click here.