Successful completion of this 3-day course entitles the rider to receive the "M" endorsement on their driver's license. This course is approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and State of Nebraska. All instructors are certified.
Course Pre-requisite: 3-Hour E-Course (Included with Registration)
Printed certificate of completion must be presented at the first meeting of the class on Friday. It is highly recommended the e-course be completed not more than 1 week prior to class.
3-Day Course covers:
- All the basic rules for safe motorcycling.
- Controls, operation and up-keep.
- Safe and legal riding strategies.
- Impairment and distraction.
- Turning, braking, balance and other fundamentals of motorcycle operation.
The course (15 total hours) is held in Lincoln, NE.
Class size is limited to six (6) students.
Schedule for 2018.
- 6:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. - Classroom at Nebraska Safety Council
- 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Range
- 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. - Classroom at Nebraska Safety Council
- 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Range
Students must provide the following safety gear:
- DOT Approved Helmet
- Eye Protection
- Full-fingered gloves
- Over the ankle footwear
- Long-sleeved shirt/jacket
- Long (non-flared) Pants
Our thanks to Kawasaki Motor Manufacturing USA for allowing the Nebraska Safety Council to use their parking lot for the range portion of the course and to Star City Motor Sports for supplying the motorcycles.
Students under the age of 19 must complete and bring the following Parental Permission/Waiver of Liability Form to the first day of class.
The Nebraska Safety Council offers its Motorcycle Training class between March and October each year. Click here to download the current brochure.
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.